Are You Looking For a Company Secretary ?
CompanySecretary2u.com is owned by K.C. Teh Group. We are a Malaysian-based group of companies that specializes in professional services such as
- company formation in Malaysia
- corporate secretarial services
- business advisory
and other solutions to public listed and private limited companies in various industries.
Company formation in Malaysia Note# 1: Doing Business in Malaysia
There are a few ways you can start a business in Malaysia, there are:-
- Sole proprietorship & partnership
- Limited Liability Partnership
Company formation in Malaysia Note# 2: Appointing Company Secretary in Malaysia
Every company is required by statute to have at least one company secretary in Malaysia. The company secretary must be of full age (18 years old) with his principal or only place of residence in Malaysia.
The secretary is to be appointed by the board of directors and either himself or his agent or clerk is required to be present at the registered office of the company on the days and at the hours which the registered office is to be accessible to the public.
Company formation in Malaysia Note# 3: Main duties of a company secretary:
The company secretary is responsible to ensure compliance with the disclosure and information requirements of the Companies Act.
- File statutory returns (in the prescribed forms) required by the Companies Act 1965 with the Companies Commission of Malaysia
- Organize meetings
- Send out notices for meetings
- Take down minutes of board and general meetings
- Keep and maintain the various registers at the registered office of the company.
Company formation in Malaysia Note# 4: Qualifications of company secretaries?
The company secretary must be a member of a professional body or licensed by the Companies Commission of Malaysia pursuant to section 139 of the Companies Act.
Company formation in Malaysia Note# 5: The following professional bodies were approved by the Minister as the prescribed professional bodies:
- The Malaysian Association of The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (MAICSA)
- Malaysian Association of Company Secretaries
- The Malaysian Bar
- The Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)
- Malaysian Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA)
- The Sabah Law Association
- The Advocates’ Association of Sarawak